Saturday of Festivities Week at 1 pm
Downtown New London, WI
The city officially becomes ‘New Dublin’ for Wisconsin’s largest St. Patrick’s Day Parade with an Irish Fest and a selection of weeknight entertainment venues.
Each year’s Grand Parade typically features various bagpipe bands, marching bands, festive clowns, specialty units, clans, Finnegan’s Wake, and business floats. It’s an awesome lineup sure to please the whole family that typically has up to 125 units or more. Prizes are awarded for best parade entries.
Past parades have included . . .
- Tripoli Scottish Highlanders
- Shamrock Club Color Guard Pipes & Drums
- Madison Pipes and Drums
- Minnesota Police Pipe Band
- Celtic Nations Pipes & Drums
- CYO Emerald Knights Band
- South Shore Drill Team
- Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard
- Kracker Jacks Drumline
- Zor Funsters
- Beja Krazy Kops
- Beja Vets & Patriots
- The World’s Only Wacky Wheeler
- Jolly Giants – Stilt Walkers
- Finnegan’s Wake of New Dublin
- ‘New Dublin’ High School Band
- Freedom High School Marching Irish
- Preble High School Marching Band
- Trinity Irish Dancers
- Kincella Irish Dance
- Famous Racing Sausages
- TJ Howell “Rocket Cycle”
- and many, many, more entries/units . . .
View the schedule that includes the New Dublin Irish Fest on the same day as the parade. Also find a whole week of Irish events that include; Irish entertainment on stage, an Irish Céili, Irish caroling, and corned beef and cabbage served in local restaurants.
Please note that animals are prohibited on public property at events as per city ordinance (pdf).